A small village in Southwest Saskatchewan, Val Marie is a rustic portal situated on the threshold of Grassland National Park, one of the most fragile ecosystems in the world.
A mixture of ranching, farming, and tourism with a growing artistic economy, Val Marie boasts art galleries, a natural history museum/art gallery/gift & bookshop, a village square, murals, several artist studios, one of Saskatchewan’s oldest crib style grain elevators, two restaurants, and a cooperatively owned grocery store.
Grasslands National Park
Grasslands National Park offers marked trails where visitors will find breathtaking vistas of land and sky. The light, colour, form, texture, fragrance and movement of the grasses, birds and resident animal populations, never fail to mesmerize locals as well as even the most crusty visitors!
Grasslands Visitor Centre
Located at the junction of Centre Street and Hwy 4/18.
Open May 1st – Thanksgiving, open daily but hours vary in May & September.
Experience The Grasslands
- Sky Story Art Studio Tour*
- Artist Studios Around Val Marie*
- Heritage Elevator Tour*
- Val Marie River Walk
- Prairie Wind Silver Sage EcoMuseum and Gallery
- Kayak Tours bookable with private tour operator
- Horseback tours bookable for East Block with private tour operator
- Sky Story Art and/or Yoga Retreats
- Guided Indigenous Cultural Experience with Joseph Naytowhow**
- Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs & Resort (1.25 hours South, in Montana)
- Metis Veterans Memorial, Lac Pelletier Regional Park
*Available by appointment.
** Pre-book with non-refundable deposit. Minimum 4 people.
Reconnect with Art & Yoga
Artist, consultant, yogini and B&B owner, Diana Chabros offers studio tours, guided art workshops, retreats and Yoga teachings with a focus on connecting earth, mind and body. Learn more about Sky Story Studio here and find her complete artist bio and portfolio at dianachabros.com.